Wake Up With Grapefruit
Even with the mornings getting brighter and days getting longer we are still in one of the coldest months of the year. This means it is vital to take precaution and protection from colds, flus, bugs and virus’ by keeping our immune system high and nourished.
Grapefruit is known for its high content of vitamin c and being a great source for anti oxidants to protect your cells from harmful bacteria and viruses. These protective antioxidants may also help manage blood pressure and cholesterol levels, especially within red grapefruit.
You may think you want to wake up and smell the coffee but you should really be waking up to smell the grapefruit. Start the day with a fresh breakfast smoothie and be energised for the rest of your day with this blend of grapefruit, banana and mango.
- 1 small pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, halved, stoned and flesh chopped
- 200g natural yoghurt
- Handful ice cubes
- Add half the grapefruit segments, the banana and mango to a blender and blend until smooth with the yogurt and ice cubes.
- Taste and add more grapefruit if you would like it tarter. Chill for 30 mins before drinking.
The smell of grapefruit can naturally make the body more alert, so even if it doesn’t suit your taste buds, implementing grapefruit flavoured products into your home is a perfect addition to your morning routine. Our grapefruit collection is filled with zesty essential oils from the peel of the fruit, use the hand wash in your kitchen and bathroom or grab a sanitising mist and gel for on the go energy release.